We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our expanding team. If you are well presented, enthusiastic, hard working with excellent telephone etiquette, have a clean driver’s license and meet the minimum requirements below, then please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Onward Computer Solutions Ltd
P.O. Box 8538 Kampala
Proven helpdesk experience
PC/Laptop/Server Break Fix – Installation and troubleshooting of RAM, Add-on cards, processors, Hard drives, SCSI, USB etc
Desktop Operating Systems – Installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Windows XP, Windows 7 and windows 8
Server Operating Systems – administration and troubleshooting of server 2000/2003/2008 and SBS editions
TCP/IP – working knowledge
Active Directory – User account creation, permissions, groups etc.
Exchange Server – knowledge and administration of exchange 2K3 and 2007/2010
Printers – setup, configuration and troubleshooting network printers, drivers, print issues
Backup – Backup-exec Configuration and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of DAT, LTO etc
Raid – working understanding of raid levels, basic knowledge of hardware and software raid.
Linux (LAMP) – installation, configuration and administration of Ubuntu server or similar distributions.
VoiP – At least an understanding of SIP and VoiP Concepts
Cisco – Installation and configuration of Cisco routers, switches etc
Backup – Experience of other vendors backup solutions.
Scripting – Experience of writing VB script. Use of scripting to automate helpdesk tasks.
Firewalls – configuration and troubleshooting of various vendor hardware firewalls and Microsoft ISA server.
Managed Switches – configuration and troubleshooting of various vendor managed switches.
SQL Server – knowledge and administration.
VPN – pptp and ipsec knowledge and administration
- Providing the escalation point of contact for the Company’s Customers and their employees.
- Solving and closure of calls received to the satisfaction of end users.
- Escalation of calls
- Posts would be 40 hours per week five days, which will be determined by business need.
- Post holders may also be required to work additional hours on weekends as determined by business need.
Key Result Areas
- To adhere to the Helpdesk Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice Guidelines
- To provide efficient, well diagnosed and courteous responses to Helpdesk requests having accurately prioritised calls on the basis of their relative severity.
- To work with the Helpdesk Manager and the Helpdesk Team to assess the nature, patterning and type of support calls encountered in order to identify ways in which the service may continually improve.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours. The normal hours will be either 8.00 – 17.00 or 9.00 – 18.00 during week days on a rotation basis.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- The post holder may opt out of the 48 hour (Working Time Directive).
- The post holder will be required to visit Customer places of work as required.
- The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation and dispatch of IT equipment.
- The post holder may be required to undertake training as specified.
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk in front of a computer screen.
- Extended periods of using keyboard and mouse.
- Need to be able to upgrade PCs and Servers with RAM chips and various internal parts.
- Some physical labour involved such as carrying base units and monitors.
We offer discounted computer hardware and software, as well as an extensive line of computer accessories, audio/video equipment,